Physical Therapy At Advanced Orthopedic Specialists
We are proud to offer our own in-house physical therapy services, specializing in orthopedic and sports injuries. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care in a fun, friendly and encouraging environment.
We are the ONLY therapy clinic in Livingston County that works exclusively with our physicians and have done so for over 13 years. Our collaborative efforts help to significantly shorten your recovery and reduce your overall health costs. You can contact our Physical Therapy Department directly at (810) 299-8557. Having our own physical therapy program helps our patients in many ways, with the ultimate goal being a faster and better recovery from their orthopedic problem:
- Improved communication between the therapist and physician
- Faster response to problems in rehabilitation of a patient
- Immediate physician availability in case of unique problems
- Better oversight over the entire rehabilitation process
- Specially selected therapists who understand our treatment plan
- Constant quality-control and improvement
Our Physical Therapy Equipment
Below are a few photos of some of our physical therapy equipment.
In addition to our Cybex equipment, we have also recently acquired a Galileo 2000 vibratory stimulus machine. This is an exciting new technique in rehabilitation of muscle groups, and we are one of the first sites in Michigan to have this device. Studies have shown improvements in muscle strength, reflexes and joint motion. We are currently applying this treatment to selected disorders of the knee, ankle, shoulder, and lower back.
Our therapists specialize in the following areas:
Insurance Accepted in PT Division
We are able to accept the following insurance plans in our physical therapy division:
- Blue Cross (including PPO)
- Blue Cross Network
- Preferred Choices
- Worker's Compensation
- Auto insurance
- Commercial carrier insurance (there are many different companies)