To Our Valued Patients and Referring Providers,
WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
We would like to thank everyone in this community for their support over the last 20 years of Advanced Orthopedic Specialists. During this unprecedented crisis, we have remained open for our patients requiring urgent or emergent care and have been doing our best to serve patients with telemedicine visits. We feel it is appropriate to return to seeing “routine” patients back in the office, as well as elective surgery.
Following the most up-to-date guidelines, several safety procedures have been made to ensure the health of our patients and staff:
- All of our employees and providers are screened for symptoms and temperatures taken daily.
- All of our providers and a majority of our staff have received the COVID-19 vaccine which increases your safety at our office.
- All patients will be screened by the staff for symptoms of COVID-19 when their appointment is made and immediately prior to their visit. If we are concerned, we will direct you to your primary care doctor for testing prior to being seen in the office.
- All patients entering the office will be required to wear masks or face covering including minors.
- All AOS staff are required to wear masks.
- Patients will be asked to attend the appointment alone. In the case of a minor or patient that requires a caregiver, we ask that only one additional person attend the appointment.
- Appropriate social distancing of 6 feet will be maintained in the waiting room. Patients will be given the option of waiting in their cars.
- Appointments will be spaced to limit the number of people in the waiting room at one time.
- Hand hygiene is recommended for anyone entering the office.
- Surfaces touched by patients, visitors and staff will be cleaned hourly.
- The building has increased air circulation to further purify the air for all offices.
- We have installed UV-C lights in all of our exam rooms. UV light inactivates airborne viruses and bacteria in the air making the space safer.
- We are still able and willing to provide telemedicine visits for patients that do not wish to come to the office.
Despite all of the masks and protective equipment, we are still the friendly and caring people you have come to know at AOS. We hope that these changes and safety measures will keep you healthy during your visit. We promise to continue to provide the care and service that you deserve from our doctors, physician assistants, physical therapists and staff.
Laith Farjo, M.D., Robert Mihalich, M.D., Matthew Caid, D.O. and the staff at Advanced Orthopedic Specialists